As a response to the COVID-19 crisis, Youghal Lawn Tennis Club has instigated a specific Code of Conduct for our operations during this period. We will be complying with the Tennis Ireland guidelines to ensure our members are safe. The guidelines can be seen here: https://www.tennisireland.ie/covid-19-updates/
Please see below a summary of the new protocols for our club. Only members who agree to abide by the guidelines below will be permitted to play. If you are found to be in breach of the guidelines you will be asked to leave the premises.
YOU MUST STAY AT HOME IF YOU:
- Have been in contact with someone with COVID-19 in the last 14 days;
- Have been overseas or exposed to someone with COVID-19 in the last 14 days;
- Have flu-like symptoms or are feeling unwell.
- Check with your GP prior to playing if you are in a high-risk health category
- Ensure we have up-to-date contact details for you in case contact tracing is required. Please ensure that a completed Membership Form has been returned to the Membership Secretary either via post or e-mail. Only current, paid-up members will be permitted to play. Facilities for phased payment of membership subscriptions are available.
ATTENDING TENNIS ACTIVITIES
- Only members will be able to play during this phase and all players must pre-book their court;
- Please book your court by using the online booking system. All player names must be included on the booking. Members can get a link from email@example.com or 087 240 8097;
- Arrive and leave as close as possible to when you are due on court;
- One parent/guardian must accompany any player under 16 years;
- Both singles play and doubles play is now permitted with people from outside of your household, as long as you remain 2 metres apart as much as possible;
- Players should arrive ready to play as there will be no access to dressing rooms or toilets during this phase. The Clubhouse remains closed for this phase.
TO PROTECT AGAINST INFECTION
- Although we will be providing hand sanitiser, please also ensure you have your own supply;
- Please sanitise your hands immediately after opening the main club gate;
- Players must refrain from handshakes and high fives;
- Keep 2 metres away from other people at all times;
- Do not share food, towels, equipment or drinks;
- Cover your coughs and sneezes and dispose of any used tissue in your own bag and bring them home with you;
- Try not to touch any surfaces, but if you do sanitise your hands as soon as possible;
- Change ends at opposite sides of the net;
- Players do not now need to use their own clearly marked tennis balls – however, if you choose to use shared balls then extra care must be taken to ensure you do not touch your face during play, and you should clean your hands before play and immediately after finishing;
- Players should still avoid using their hands to pick up tennis balls from other courts where possible – use your racquet/foot to return them;
- Remain apart from other players when taking a break;
- Once play has finished players should leave the club promptly;
- If a player becomes unwell after playing, they should first contact their GP/HSE and then inform the club on this number: 0862634378. The club will then follow advice provided to them by the HSE on the next steps;
- We ask that members remind other members of the guidelines, in a gentle way, when they witness poor practices. Repeated poor practice should be reported to the club immediately.
Our measures and procedures are under constant review and updated as advice from government, health authorities and Tennis Ireland evolves in line with the gradual lifting of social restrictions.